Seeding the future
One day, our nation’s brightest minds will be united by a common goal. In the future, scientists, business leaders, artists and mathematicians will combine their most innovative thinking in pursuit of the most important challenge of our times - ensuring a long and healthy life for our planet and the people who share it.
At Denver Green School, the future is now. Our hands-on, real-world curriculum prepares students to excel in the colleges and careers of tomorrow, by combining essential skills mastery and creative problem-solving today. Learn more about the DGS curriculum.
In partnership with our diverse urban community, Denver Green School will provide a hands-on, brains-on experience that includes all students, staff, families and community, preparing all learners to lead the way toward a sustainable, bright and green future.
As a national beacon for real-world learning, Denver Green School offers a flexible, student-driven approach to curriculum and instruction that meets the needs of all learners.
What is an innovation school?
A DPS innovation school is a neighborhood school - not a charter school - that has been approved by the Board of Education to implement a unique educational program. While our curriculum will meet and in many cases exceed Colorado standards, we have the freedom to teach core subjects such as Literacy, Math and Science through a project-based approach that is more relevant to the way we learn and work today.
How will my child benefit?
DGS students are more excited about and engaged in their education, because their lessons and projects are directly applicable to their everyday lives. In addition, our students:
- Achieve at a high level academically - with individualized learning plans and a longer school day
- Build leadership capacity - by participating in democratic decision-making within a small-school environment
- Connect with their community and learn creative problem-solving skills - through our community garden and other service-learning projects
DGS is a neighborhood performance school serving the Southeast Denver community. If you live within our boundary and your child is entering Kindergarten through 8th grade, you will automatically be enrolled in DGS for the 2013-2014 school year. However, we encourage you to fill out a Pre-Enrollment Form so that we can plan for your attendance. Please turn in your Pre-Enrollment form today! Click here to see a map of the DGS boundary.
Early Childhood (Link to Application below) Denver Green School is excited to welcome 4-year-olds to our preschool program! Whether you live in our boundary or outside our boundary, enrollment for preschool is not automatic; you must apply. Click here to download an application for your 4-year-old.
What is the choice process for my child?
- For all questions related to DPS choice process and policies, please review the DPS choice website at http://soco.dpsk12.org/
- First Round of Choice closed on January 31, 2013.
- Second Round of Choice opened on March 1, 2013 and closes on August 31, 2013.
Be sure to bring the following documents to DGS when you turn in your application:
- Original or copy of child’s birth certificate
- Child’s current immunization record
- Proof of your address - utility bill, license, copy of lease etc.
If applying for tuition assistance for ECE or full-day kindergarten, bring one month of consecutive pay stubs or proof of receipt of public assistance (e.g. TANF, Food Stamps, Medicaid etc.)
Note: If transferring from another school after kindergarten, your child’s academic records from their current school